Parish Vein Laser Dermatology is directed by Timothy Parish, M.D., M.B.B.S., D.A.B.P., D.A.B.Ph., D.A.B.A., R.V.T., R.P.V.I.
- Graduate of Kings College and Westminster Medical School, London, England
- Board Certified in Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Board Certified by The American Board of Pediatrics
- Board Certified in Phlebology
- Diplomat American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- Board Certified in Laser Surgery (American Board of Laser Surgery)
- Registered Vascular Technologist
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
- Fellow of the American College of Phlebology
- Fellow American Society of Laser Medicine Surgery
Awards and Accolades
- Excellence in Cosmetic Surgery at the 17th annual American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Scientific Meeting
- Certificate of Added Qualification by the American Board of Laser Surgery for Cosmetic Laser Procedures
- America’s Top Surgeons Award from Consumer Research Council of America
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama Physicians Recognition Award
- American Medical Association Physician Recognition Award, 2004-2007
- American Medical Association Physician Recognition Award, 1997-2000
- Best of Birmingham United States Commerce Association 2009, 2012, 2013
- Top Doctors, B-Metro Magazine 2011, 2017
Alabama’s Original Vein and Cosmetic Laser Center
We opened our doors in 1995 to provide patients who suffer from varicose, spider, and facial veins an alternative to painful stripping. Dr. Parish was the first in the state, and one of only a few in the nation, to offer state of the art diagnostic testing and treatments. He pioneered Ambulatory Phlebectomy, Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy, and Endovenous Laser for varicose veins. He was also one of the first physicians to offer laser treatments for facial veins and varicose veins.
Dr. Parish is a Registered Vascular Technician (RVT), a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI). Dr. Parish is the first physician in Alabama, and one of the few in the country, to achieve board certification along with double certification in ultrasound diagnostics and interpretation.
Since 1995, Parish Vein Laser Dermatology, formerly Varicosis and Laser Center, has offered the most experienced vein, cosmetic, and laser services to the city of Birmingham. Dr. Parish personally sees that every patient receives a personal treatment plan that best addresses their needs and all treatments are aimed to help you look your best with minimum discomfort and the shortest possible recovery time.